This meal is inspired by one of my favourite take-out meals in South Africa. It is a chicken, garlic and chilli noodle dish that is just so moreish. It is a very adaptable recipe so you can swap in any veg that you like and also any type of protein. Or just leave out the meat based protein to keep it vegetarian.
This is the perfect weeknight supper, it is so quick and easy and comes together in in less than 30 minutes.
Let’s get cooking…
Get your wok or frying pan onto a really high heat, add in some vegetable oil and a few drops of sesame oil for flavour. Once the oil is good and hot add in the very thinly sliced chicken and season immediately with a little salt. Add in the veg as soon as the chicken starts to get some colour and stir around for about 5 minutes. The veg should still have a bit of a bite. Add in the cooked noodles to the pan, instant ramen noodles works very well here also.
In a separate bowl mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Pour it into the pan with the chicken, veg and noodles and toss quickly to coat everything with the sauce. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Easy chicken stirfry
Speedy week night dinner packed with falvour
• 3 cups of assorted vegetables, cut into similar sized pieces
• 1 large/ 2 small chicken breasts, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp honey
• 3 tblsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• ½ tsp miso paste (optional)
• 1 tsp sambal olek
• 2 single serving packs of ramen, cooked according to the instructions
- Add vegetable oil to wok and a few drops of sesame oil
- Stirfry the chicken with salt
- Add veg and cook for 5 minutes, I used onion, peppers, mushrooms and carrots
- Add cooked noodles and sauce mixture, toss to coat
- Serve immediately topped with some sesame seeds